This Business Chinese course is designed for working professionals who are planning to work in China, or communicate with Chinese business partners and customers. During the course, you will learn professional business language in both written and spoken form.
With the skills you learn on the course, your Chinese partners and customers in China, Singapore and elsewhere will be able to see the effort you have made in learning their language and culture. Students can expect lively and interactive lessons with our teachers, who have all worked in the China market.
This business Chinese course is available in 1 on 1 Private Class, Small Group Class and Corporate In-house Training. We would recommend students to have at least an O-level proficiency of the Chinese language for the course.
- Total number of hours： 20 hours
- Class Size: 1-6 pax
- Course Fees :$750
- Course Materials: $35
- Total Payment: $785 (All inclusive)
- Required level of fluency: Minimum O level or equivalent
- Certificate of Completion will be given to students upon successfully completion
Each lesson covers:
- Functional objectives of the lesson
- Communicative exchanges
- New words and expressions
- Supplementary business expressions
- Grammar and business cultural notes
- Communicative speech drilling
- Communicative activities
Introduction To Chinese Languages
- Refresher lessons for those who have not studied the Foundational Mandarin course with us
- Obtain functional knowledge about standard Chinese
- Distinguish Chinese spoken and written forms
- Understand Chinese pronunciation and Pinyin romanization
- Distinguish four Chinese tones and pronounce them correctly in a single word
- Understand grammar and word order
Business Greetings and Introductions
- Greet someone and respond to a greeting in social and business settings
- Identify yourself and someone else by surname, given name and full name.
- Carry on a simple conversation with greetings and name inquiry
- Business forms of address, business unit, location, phone number and nationality
- Identity yourself or someone else by his/her correct position or title
- Affirm or negate someone’s identity
- Answer someone else’s phone number
- Tell your home, business and cellphone numbers in Mandarin Chinese
- Identify your business associate/partner by title, position and rank
- Ask and tell where one works
- Ask and tell what one does in a company / corporation
- Introduce your business associate/partners to someone else
- Learn how to exchange business cards
Customised Terminology Session
- In this session you will learn how to use industry related terminologies at workplace.
- Our teacher will help to research the most relevant industry specific terminology in your field.
- Enquiry about price of products;
- Describe style, quality and design of products;
- Ask and tell where one visits and stays during the visit;
- Ask and tell how one goes for a business trip to China
- Ask and tell what business activities will take place during a business trip to China, etc.
- Use and exchange business formalities at a welcome event;
- Ask and tell about one’s journey
- Use polite expressions when meeting business partner for the first time
- Use the right grammar word
- Know Chinese business etiquette such as table manners, eating and drinking etiquettes;
- Propose a toast at business settings;
- Correctly use “le” for exclamation;
- Express the informal way of saying “will do something” in Chinese
- Learn how long and how often something takes place
- Describe past events with an emphasis on time, place, purpose, and with whom that event took place
- Learn about the detailed process of a business transaction
- Use the right idiomatic expression;
- Know ways and means of marketing one’s product(s);
- Learn how to bargain for a business transaction a business negotiation table;
- Learn how to place an order and make an offer for a business/trade transaction
- Learn ways of saying “no” to a business deal.